Wednesday, April 25, 2012

disney tickets. and metro.

We issued for our daughters isic youth tickets and I saw there is a discount on disney tickets.





www.istc.org/sisp/index.htm…





Specific Cardholder Rate: 42 EUR for 2 parks entrance instead off 59 E





Is this cheaper than buying in advance from fnac in Paris (not online)?





Will this youthcard be an age proof at the Metro? (instead of taking the passports)





Thankyou very much.




|||



The Frnacilien ticket for two parks (the one that can be bought in FNAC, at least 5 days in advance) costs 36 Euro for weekdays and 43 Euro for weekends (and special occasions)





Regarding the discount on public transportation, could you please specify the age of your daughters?




|||







This is a good ticket price.





The ages are 11 and 15 , The reason I asked is to check wether it is possible to leave the passports at the hotel.(I have once lost it...)





Thanks!!!!




|||



The only discount that children above 11 years old entitled to is the %26quot;Ticket Jeunes%26quot;, a daily pass for Saturdays and Sundays only. If you don%26#39;t plan to use it, you won%26#39;t need any age proof for the metro.



By the way, I take a photocopy of my passport with me. I don%26#39;t know if it%26#39;s enough, so if you plan to use the %26quot;Ticket Jeunes%26quot;, please let me know, and I%26#39;ll contact RATP and let you know their answer.




|||





I Am planning to use the %26quot;Ticket Jeunes%26quot; for the girls at the weekend and the CO for me.



My daughter would turn 11 at the middle of our holliday and I think there is a discount for her age also for the 10 tickets carne%26#39;.





Thankyou




|||



If she%26#39;s UNDER 11 she can use Paris Visite for children as well.



Only kids UNDER 10 are entitled for a half priced Carnet, so she can%26#39;t use it.





I%26#39;ve just saw at the RATP site: %26quot;N%26#39;oubliez pas que vous devez aussi présenter les cartes donnant droit à une réduction ou à la gratuité. Nous ne pouvons pas accepter les photocopies.%26quot; That means that a photocopy of a passport isn%26#39;t a valid proof…



I%26#39;ll ask them about the card that you suggested.




|||





This is very confusing, every ticket has a different age limit, I would check again the paris visite and the Co for the daughters too.



I wonder why they dont accept a passport photocopy.





thanks for your help.




|||



There%26#39;s no reduction for CO.





By the way, I%26#39;ve just received an answer from RATP, confirming that the photocopy isn%26#39;t valid as a proof. They didn%26#39;t address the istc card, so I sent them another question and asked them if a passport is the only document that can be used as an age proof for tourists.




|||



There is a 12€ charge for an ISTC student card. You need to check and compare the rates and discounts offered...and whether you%26#39;re likely to use the discounted benefit items before you purchase. As an example, with and ISTC card, students are provided with a discount for admission to the Louvre and d%26#39;Orsay. Both Louvre and d%26#39;Orsay regularly allow Free entry to under-18%26#39;s. If there are discounts to ISTC holders on Bateaux Parisian, the entire family would pay less simply by using the Vedettes du Pont Neuf cruises. These %26#39;..student discount..%26#39; cards seldom provide much in the way of real savings for their additional cost.




|||



Hi Satva,





I got the answer from RATP. ISTC isn%26#39;t accepted as a proof, only a passport or an ID card.




|||



Ohad





Thankyou very much, you have been very helpful,before I got your answers I was sure the metro carne reduction is under 11 ,It could have been very embarrassing .



It seems we didnt need to issue these isic cards.



Anyway I think the CO is the most convenient for our first week considering we are arriving at sunday evening, and no age matters.





Satva

No comments:

Post a Comment