Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hotel and area Recommendations

Good Afternoon





I hope you can help me out. We are a couple in our early 30%26#39;s travelling with a 1 year old to Nice in late October for 5 nights. We will be going to mainly relax, a bit of exploring, people watching, possibly a few day trips to Monaco, Antibes etc etc





I have just started looking for a hotels and was wondering if anyone could provide some suggestions of suitable hotels. We are working to a budget of about €100-150 per night so all suggestions are welcome. I don%26#39;t know too much about Nice and am just starting my research but I have seen some threads mentioning old town, new town etc etc so have no idea about which area to concentrate my search on. My wife prefers the older style hotels rather than the new modern ones so any suggestions for these are particularly welcome.





Thanks in advance for your replies and I%26#39;ll go and get myself a guidebook and start working my way through the hindreds of threads already there.





Cheers





Joe




|||



The old town is more somewhere you visit rather than somewhere you actually stay. Look for something fairly central in the city with easy access to both the bus and train stations (but not too close to the train station!). Consider the Grimaldi and the Windsor.




|||



For about 130e per night I would recommend Le Royal on the Promenade, contact them direct, I have just spent 4 days there,




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 pm, October 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment