Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Map of Louvre

Hey all,





We are visiting Paris in first week of October and are planning to spend a day at Louvre. Where do I get a map of the museum. While on that, what are the must-see at Louvre?





Thanks




|||



Hi,





You have plenty of information at www.louvre.fr/llv/commun/home.jsp?bmLocale=en





I don%26#39;t believe that there are %26quot;must see%26quot; at the Louvre or elsewhere. My favorite is the Dutch painters section, I know that the Egyptian collection is popular too, but it%26#39;s up to you.




|||



It all depends on your interests! Each to their own, especially where art is concerned.





I did a whirlwind %26quot;Highlights of the Louvre%26quot; trip as I only wanted to see a few pieces.





That particular tour included





Mona Lisa



Venus de Milo



The Winged Victory



Cupid



Michelangelo%26#39;s Slaves



Wedding at Cana



Madonna of the Rocks



Liberty Leading the People





I know it was planned that we would walk past other highly regarded pieces such as Napoleon%26#39;s coronation etc.





But that%26#39;s what I remember from memory. :) It%26#39;s a huge place so it is definately wise to have a plan with you before you go!




|||



mejenny,





there are no must sees in the Louvre as Laj has done the best way to do this museum is to pick and choose. With an art museum that is overall 17km long you need to be focused on what you want to see. I have visited the Louvre everytime I have been to Paris (32 times) and have still too see quite a lot of it, my attention span last for a max of about 1.5 to 2 hours and I have to give up.





I personally like the painted ceilings in some of the rooms but it is not always able to see them easily.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment