Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cabaret Shows

My wife and I will be in Paris middle of October. Does anyone have experience with cabaret shows that are more intimate, with more singing and less Las Vegas flash?






|||



Hi Steve,



My husband and I love Lapin Agile! I think it fits your description perfectly.





http://www.au-lapin-agile.com/





Sandy




|||



I%26#39;ve read that Lapin is not fun unless one speaks French. Do you think that%26#39;s true?




|||



My husband and I don%26#39;t speak French, other than just enough to be polite -- thank you, please, etc.--and we enjoyed it immensely. There were some older French people there, and they knew all the songs. It was fun to watch them singing them, but we also just enjoyed the music.





Sandy




|||



Years ago, Moulin Rouge was fun. But it%26#39;s pretty big and flashy.




|||



That%26#39;s great to hear! Now I%26#39;m wondering: Do you think a reservation is required/advisable?




|||



I think any of the more intimate cabaret shows will all be in french.





In April, my daughters took me to Chez Michou. We speak just above basic french. It was really, really fun. We had a french group next to us that helped explain with what little english they had and the Belgium group on the other side filled in when they could. We%26#39;ve had some email contact with our new french friends (thank you google translation).





You can enjoy the music no matter what language you speak and some of the songs were in english. The food was good and the waiters transform into Edith Piaf, Liza Minelli etc. after dinner is over.





I%26#39;ve given you a link that give a bit more info. Reservations are required.







www.theparistraveler.com/cabaret-michou/





Linda




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, October 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment