Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lourve, how do I find/book one of the museum's tours?

Hi, I%26#39;m finally here in Paris and wow I really like the district around Etienne Marcel. I%26#39;ve never stayed here before.



I have museum passes and I am intending to go to the Lourve. Just wondering about booking one of the museum%26#39;s own tours. I figure they are a good way to get an overview especially for my teenage children. Where do you go to book these tours? How much do they cost? Can you prebook?




|||



I believe the guided tours in English (90 minutes) are available at 11:00, 2:00 and 3:45 but not sure which days - I don%26#39;t think they are offered on Sunday. The website has changed a bit and this info is difficult to find.





If you enter the Louvre through the Carousel entrance on Rue de Rivoli and go downstairs, past the shops and into where the inverted pyramid is, you will see several ticket booths, and there is an area marked %26quot;groups/tours%26quot; or something like that. You have to go down that hallway and buy your tickets to the tour at the windows in there. It is 5 euros each, and you will have to leave a piece of ID as security for the headsets. You may be able to buy your tickets ahead of time for a later tour, but I%26#39;m not sure of this.





Have fun.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment