Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Guest Apartments question

My hsuband, son and I have rented the Sunflower from the above for a week at Christmas. This apartment is for 3. All was fine until the love bug hit my son and he wants to have his girl friend come over for some part of the week. Don%26#39;t know exactly how long she will be with us. I have asked twice for permission for us to have her stay and stated that I think the floor plan will accomodate us fine. However, I can%26#39;t get an answer so we can really firm up our plans. Such as reservations at the Jules Verne for Christmas day. Anyone had such an experience with them. I don%26#39;t want to get to Paris and have the managers throw us out. There is a king bedroom, a loft large twin bed and a pull out sofa so between all of this it would work. I would even go for larger apartment if that is what they would require but can%26#39;t get a dialog going with them. Any ideas




|||



I would suggest you call them..I have done so and received helpful advice..I am not sure if the apt will suit. The loft only has a single bed and of course it is open to the living room. The pull out sofa is again OK. I think you need to think how comfortable you are with a new GF (ie not a family member sharing this space).




|||



I have rented from them many times, and always have found them helpful and responsive. My suggestion is to call them during their business hours), typically they open around 10:00 Paris time). It might cost $10 but would be worth it for your peace of mind. They speak good English, and you will feel better for having spoken to them. It may be that they have been waiting to hear back from the apartment owner, or something like that, or it may even be that they didn%26#39;t reel it needed a response because it was such a routine question.




|||



Hello. I totally agree with%26quot; Berkeley travelers. The owners of Guest Apts. are very responsive to their guest%26#39;s need. A call to Philippe Pee or Christophe Chastel will undoubtedly solve the



quandry. Please let us know how this works out. We stayed



in %26quot;Hibiscus%26quot; on the Ile St Louis for seven nights in May and found it to be the perfect location and the apartment intself provided the space and amenities we never would have found in a hotel.



-- J.




|||



Thanks for advise to Berkley, Vintage, Jardin. I%26#39;ll call as soon as I figure out time difference. I%26#39;m in Georgia and I know there is about 6 hours difference. I don%26#39;t what to wake them up. I think everything will be fine. The romantic son is not a young thing (41). I think he may pop the question during this trip. I%26#39;ll let you know the results as soon as I call.




|||



Have you heard from them?




|||



They are six hours later than you are. Please do let us know how it goes.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment