Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hotel d'Argenson-8th Arr

www.hotel-argenson.com/English--Home.phtml





I have read the TA reviews on the above Hotel and they all seem very good.



Just wondering is there are any other people who have stayed at this Hotel but have not done a review and would like to share their thoughts?



I would welcome any comments good or bad re Hotel, area etc.



Thanks




|||



I don%26#39;t think we ever reviewed it , but we have stayed there twice- it has been a few years ago now. We really love it- a small family owned place- used to be run by Mom and Dad and now the daughter is in charge. Tiny elevator, rooms are clean but each seems to be furnished differently in an ecleltic style. When we stayed , many of the rooms had flowed wallpaper and flowered bed covers whose patterns were a bit busy and msimatched, but that was part of it%26#39;s charm to us- like staying in someone%26#39;s home. They have no breakfast room , so when you check in , you are asked your beverage preference and when you would like it served -and it is delivered to your room on a tray very promptly. We loved the chance to eat in our jammies if we wished. If the bakery is still there next door ( forget the name , but had great bread) I believe they supply the croissants and bread for breakfast.It%26#39;s in a very high class, but mostly business area , so at night when banks and offices close it is a bit deserted , but we didn%26#39;t mind- it certainly seemed very safe. Metro is convenient and we could walk to the Champs . We usually ate our main meal at lunch somewhere and stopped on the way back to get fixings for supper in the room- both times our room overlooked the street ( Rue Argenson which is off Haussman) and we enjoyed having both breakfast and supper in our room.





It%26#39;s been a few years , but I think and hope nothing has really changed. I think it is really a find for the prices it charges! We definitely would stay again.




|||



Lulutoo-Thanks.



I dont mind mis matched furnishings etc, like you I think it all adds to the charm.



To me this Hotel looks like it has a lot of character and that is what appeals to me.



Having breakast in the room is no trouble at all to us,...breakfast in bed..great!



Dont mind either that the area is quiet at night. Hotel is not far from Metro so we would have access to nightlife if that is what we desire.



I have researched a lot of Hotels and I seem to keep coming back to d%26#39;Argenson so I guess that is telling me something.



I appreciate your comments




|||



My daughter %26amp;amp; I stayed in this wonderful old hotel in 2000. We adored it. It was clean and the staff was friendly. We felt perfectly safe walking around late at night. It was our favorite hotel from our entire trip to France, Germany %26amp;amp; Italy. I highly recommend it.




|||



My daughter %26amp;amp; I stayed in this wonderful old hotel in 2000. We adored it. It was clean and the staff was friendly. We felt perfectly safe walking around late at night. It was more in the business section. It was our favorite hotel from our entire trip to France, Germany %26amp;amp; Italy. I highly recommend it.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:47 am, October 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment