Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Breakfast - Gare de Nord or Notre Dame?

Hi, I%26#39;ve now booked Eurostar tickets for our surprise anniversary daytrip to Paris so i%26#39;m on to planning the specifics.





We%26#39;ll want to have breakfast once we arrive (10am on a Saturday 29th Nov) but I%26#39;m not sure whether to get something (Chocolat %26amp; a Croissant) near the station or head to Notre Dame and get something there before visiting the cathedral and then exploring the Latin Quarter.





Alternatively we could head to the Louvre/Rue de Rivoli area first (possibly have breakfast there) and then walk to Notre Dame. One of my favourite views in Paris is when you first enter the area in front of the Louvre and see the Eiffel Tower in the distance - gets me every time!





Any thoughts? For some reason I just don%26#39;t seem to be able to make my mind up!




|||





I don%26#39;t much like the area around the Gare



du Nord so I%26#39;d head for Notre Dame and have



breakfast in one of the cafes on Ile St Louis... my favourite view of Notre Dame is



from that angle with the Flying Butresses



in all their glory...




|||



As the previous poster says, I think nearer Notre Dame would be a better place for breakfast than Gard du Nord.





My favourite place for breakfast in Paris is a boulanger near the cathedral on Rue Lagrange. It is a typical Parisian bakery, not old fashioned and not very well situated (only a street view, not of the sights, really) but the pastries are AMAZING! We usually sit outside (but as you will be there in November there is also some inside seating available) and enjoy the best pain aux raisins and pain aux chocolat I%26#39;ve had anywhere in France! They are only €1.50 to eat in, or less to take out and they are massive, as well! Nice coffee, too... Not sure about hot choc, but everything we%26#39;ve had for this place has been delicious, so I am hopeful!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, October 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment