Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Help with TGV Lyria tickets

Hi





Need you help guys





I am trying to book tickets for TGV Lyria at the website (for travel to Switzerland and back)





tgv-lyria.com/main/…home_france_suisse.asp





Though this page starts in english, the moment I click on %26quot;Pursue the order%26quot; the subsequent pages start coming in French and I am not very sure what to click.





I cannot understand the pricing (there are some additional options in french which increase the price by 5-6 euros). Also I am not clear how and where to collect the tickets from ? Isn%26#39;t there a system of online tickets that I can just take a print out of ?







Is there a place from where I can buy the TGV tickets online and in English. The raileurope people are jacking up the price too much and also charging for delivery of tickets...





Thanks






|||



Hi --





Try www.tgv.com.




|||



So Here is what happens at tgv.com.





1. I go the english version of the website



2. I choose book a ticket



3. Enter the details on this webpage



4. On the next page it asks for details. One of the ptions is %26quot;Select country where to collect tickets%26quot;



6. My country (India) does not appear in this list. Since I can collect the tickets in France, when I am there, I choose France and then every thing turns into french again !!!





Can i not book a normal online ticket which can be delivered to me as a PDF ?




|||



Guys, I just bumped into the following link





tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187147-c3019/Paris:F…





Do you guys agree with this method ? Does anyone have any experience with this ?





When I reach the Order page I get three options for tickets





1. Receive your ticket free by post



2. Collect your ticket from an automatic ticket machine with the bank card used for the payment



3. Collect your ticket from a station or SNCF shop, with the reference number of your file and the bank card used for the payment





The tripadvisor link advises not to choose option 1. Since I am booking tickets from India what would be the impact of choosing option 2 or 3





When I choose the %26quot;Find out%26quot; link in front of option 3 I get the following details





%26quot;You reserve and pay on-line.



You retrieve your ticket from an automatic ticket machine at the last moment, just before your departure.



Note : 3 out of 4 train stations have automatic ticket machines. If this is not the case, please pick up your ticket at the ticket counter%26quot;





My question is how much time before my journey can I take my tickets in France ? (a day before maybe ??) Since I am planning to take an early morning flight at 7 AM I dont think the offices will be open %26quot;at the last moment%26quot; to help me out if I dont understand the automatic machine...







Thanks




|||



Guys some help please....




|||



If your credit card has a chip, choose the %26quot;retrieve from machine%26quot; option. If your credit card uses a black stripe, retrieve the tickets at the station/SNCF boutique.





You can retrieve the tickets as soon as your arrive in France. Visit any train station to pick up the tickets. You can go up to the counter (French: guichet) or use the tall yellow and grey machines. You will need your confirmation e-mail and the card used for purchase.




|||



So the thing %26quot;about the last moment%26quot; is not binding ?





See I reach Paris on 10th december and travel to Lausanne on 12th December. So that is one ticket. Then my second ticket is from Basel to Paris for 24th december (12 days later).





Can I walk upto the SNCF station in Paris on the 10th Evening or 11th and ask them to give me the print out for the tickets for both the journeys ?





Thanks




|||



Yes, you can request both tickets at that time. The %26quot;last minute%26quot; thing just describes how late you can obtain them. You can get them early as well.




|||



Thanks a lot,





I%26#39;ll get back to you if I need any more help.



Thanks a ton !




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 09, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment