Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disgusted at scammers

Having been to Paris many times we took my mother who is disabled and in her seventiest to Paris as a birthday treat.



At all of the busier tourist sights we could not leave her on her own even to get her a coffee without some young scammer trying to bully my mum.



She has severe problems getting around but likes to be left alone to get up and down steps so that she does not feel hurried, she couldn%26#39;t even do this without being harrassed for money and her path blocked.



I am afraid I did lose my temper on several occasions and havng seen it now with different eyes I am utterly appalled at the amount of scamming that is allowed to continue as these people do prey on the less able and were attempting to use their physical presance to extort money from the less able.



It is completely different if you are fit being able to actually get away but my mum was not able to do this and I now know that it would not have been safe for her to visit Paris on her own.



What a complete and utter shame.




|||



Hi





I was very sad to read this post, maybe there is a way to pass this on to the office de tourism?




|||



Sounds like the birthday treat didn%26#39;t go as you planned. My sympathies – especially for your Mum. It must have been frustrating at best and frightening at worst.





I wonder how many people with disabilities travelling global cities have the same problems – but we just don%26#39;t see it till it happens to someone in our own group.





No reflection on you – just, maybe, a reason to refuse to ignore a situation where a disabled or infirm person is being harassed. There are usually police at the busier tourist sites.




|||



That is really, really sad. If I had been there and seen that happen, I would have gone insane on those people. That just breaks my heart.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment