Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can't wait second trip to Paris in October!!

We are getting so excited we are finally getting to take our second trip to Paris. Life just got in the way for the most part earlier this year. This just came up so we have nothing booked. We stayed in the 7th last year and really liked the area but would like to try a new one...loved to be close to alot and the metro but not dead center into hectic tourist areas, suggestions?



We saw so much the last time we were there for 8 days, what are your best 2nd timer suggestions to go see or do? We love to just wonder the arrondissemonts even after a full week there is still so much to see can not wait!!



We have to redo Sacre Cour due to the fog was so thick we had no panaramic view of Paris. Also would like to make it out to Versailles (are the fountains still on in Oct)?



There was a doll museum and I think a clothing/costume museum that was mentioned last year when I was planning my first trip but I can not find them in my saved folders anyone know what I am talking about?



Looking forward to your suggestions.





Cheers,



Magic97






|||



We also missed the bird market on Sunday, I lost my moleskin along with our passports(oh that was a fun day at the Embassy) I brought with my notes on where it was located. Can someone please advise on its exact location.



I always find the hardest part is to find a hotel there are so many to choose from. Oh by the way our budget is 150euros at the highest please.





Cheers,



Magic97




|||



Hi there Magic97,





I know exactly how you feel as we are also travelling to Paris in October, and it is our second trip, having gone in April last year and fell in love with the place. On that trip we stayed in the 1st, at the Louvre Montana Hotel, on Rue St Roch, just around the corner from the Louvre and so handy to everything. The hotel was charming - very Parisian - and the staff were delightful and extremely helpful. It fitted out budget beautifully last year at Aus$278 a night for a deluxe room with breakfast, so well worth checking out for your forthcoming trip. Bear in mind that October is fashion show month and so things could quite possibly be a lot more expensive.





For our forthcoming trip we are staying in the area you stayed in last time - the 7th - and have booked an apartment just around the corner from Rue Cler, so we are looking forward to preparing (should that be reheating) lots of lovely fresh meals from the various shops there and sipping champers on a nightly basis (better make sure we have some warm clothes) while looking at the lights of the tower.





I hope the second visit to Paris is as wonderful for you and your partner as I am sure it will be for my husband and I.





Bon Voyage ...




|||



I think I found our hotel for our stay this time. Thank you to all who gave me suggestions on my hotel post questions. and the winner is Hotel Paris France in the 3rd at 72 Rue de Turbigo. Rooms look like a nice size and the location and price are great.



Does anyone know this area and can describe it for me? We stayed in the 7th last time at Hotel Muguet and loved the quite at night so we could sleep with the windows open if we wanted and it was close to places to eat and corner grocery stores to pick up snack and drinks. Just wondering what the 3rd is like?



This is so exciting planning a last minute trip!! I usually have months this time weeks...





Cheers,



Magic97




|||



If you mean the Sunday bird market, it%26#39;s on Ile de la Cite, right by the Metro entrance (the rest of the week, it%26#39;s a flower market).




|||



Yes the Sunday Bird Market when were there last year we looked everywhere and could not spot it. do you know the name of the metro stop so I don%26#39;t have another blonde moment and miss it again...LOL





Cheers,



Magic97




|||



That%26#39;s easy - the stop is %26quot;Cite%26quot;! It%26#39;s in the center of Ile de la Cite (same island as Notre Dame). If you walk across the island between the two bridges, you will see the Metro stop off to the side from the street - just walk over to the Metro stop, and you%26#39;re there.




|||



Im taking my first trip to Paris in the last week of October. The first 2 days are shopping, Moulin Rouge, Effile Tower then we head done to Bordeaux for 3 days for some wine tasting then back to Paris for 5 nights. At that time Im doing the Louvre night tour, Versailles and an Historic tour. Is there anything else I should do while I am there?





I will be flying solo the last few days but Ive sussed out all the saftey info about money, pickpockets and where not to go at night and alone, though its much a matter of common sense like I wouldnt go alone or at night to some neighbourhoods in my own city, my husband printed out the number for every major police station in each arrondissemonts and if he had it his way would tattoo it on my arm. LOL! Im so excited, this is my first international holiday a rained out 10 days in Fiji doesnt count.





Any suggestions or tips would be great.





Cleo




|||



Also Magic97 I found this





Paris Doll museum parisdigest.com/withchildren/museedelapoupee…





Costume and Fashion museums



travelsignposts.com/Paris/paris_museum-fashi…



travelsignposts.com/Paris/paris_museum-fashi…





Hope it helps.




|||



The flower/bird market is called Louis Lepine. It is a great people-watching spot on Sundays when they add birds and a few rabbits, guinea pigs.





For fashion: Musee Galliera--Musee de la Mode et du Costume located at 10 ave. Pierre 1er de Serbie. The thing to know about this place is that it is only open when they are actually having a temporary exhibit. They only have temporary exhibits about 3 times per year. I am dying to see this place and everytime I go they are closed. So disappointing. So check on their website before you go so you don%26#39;t make a trip over there for nothing.





If you like fashion, also check out Musee des Arts Decoratif. I have seen fantastic fashion temporary exhibits here. I saw a Balanchiaga (sp?) exibit (Spanish haute coulture designer) and another time I saw a Gaultier/Chopinot (ballet costumes) exhibit which was also fantastic.





I would also suggest the Pierre Cardin Musee which has only been open for about 2 years now. It is locaed at 93400 Saint-Ouen in the North of Paris and is open Weds., Sat-Sun. 2-5. It is great!





Finally Musee de la Poupee is wonderful too and they always have a temporary exhibit as well as the large permanent exhibit of dolls from around the world. I saw a Barbie Doll exhibit which had something like 150 Barbie Dolls and outfits, Ken dolls, etc.--it really took me back. I spent 1.5 hours looking at it and reminiscing. This museum is on a deadend street which can be hard to find. It is directly across from the Pompidou Museum. Right next to the doll museum is a small park called the Anne Frank park. Apparently the plants in the park are what Anne Frank looked at from her attic window.





Yves St. Laurent also has a Fondation in Paris which has a few fashion things. However, it is very small and is too expensive for what you get. But I thought I would mention it in case you were interested. I was disappointed with it. I was told this is not a museum--it is a fondation!





Have a great time!




|||



I forgot. If you like fashion, you might enjoy the fashion show at Galleries Lafayette on Friday afternoons from 3pm-3:30pm. You can get reservations in advance on the Galleries Lafayette website. It is a fashion show of styles for approximately the young 20-year-olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment